Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

Paradise Dynasty: Be there for colourful xiao long bao!

I've been to Taste Paradise, Paradise Pavilion and Seafood Paradise, this time I'm at Paradise Dynasty to try out the super-famous xiao long bao. I've heard so much about the creative xiao long bao and had been wanting to visit. I finally made it!


We reached the restaurant that's located at ION Orchard at about 6.30pm on a weekday, and there was already a short queue forming outside. We waited for about 15 minutes before getting a seat at the al fresco area (Because they don't have seats in the indoor area... no wait, actually they do, but they decided not to give it to us because another group of diners was kicking up a mini fuss about not wanting to sit outdoors. And being the easy-going diner that I am, I pretended that I didn't know the swapped the seats that I "deserve" with someone else's.)

We both ordered a bowl of la mian each. My companion had a beef la mian:


And I had a pork belly la mian. This is probably the best Chinese la mian I've ever tried before. The pork belly is so well-prepared that it really MELTS in your mouth. Yummilicious. The soup was good too.


To have a sample of all the flavours, we ordered this:


The alternative is to order one set of one particular flavour. After sampling all of them, my favourites are cheese and ginseng. My companion likes the garlic one. Least favourite? Probably truffle and foie gras - because I can't even tell the difference.

We finished the meal with desserts - red bean pancakes!


And they taste really good too!


Gosh, what's not to like about Paradise Dynasty? I don't know man! I can't nit-pick! And I'm sure I'll be back again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment