Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My "date" with Charlene

"Do you like chicken or duck?" was what Charlene asked me when we were deciding where to go for lunch.
"I prefer duck," I said. And she told me she's got the perfect place to taste some. We then headed over to The Asian Kitchen at RafflesCity.
I've blogged about Lu Gang Xiao Zhen by The Asian Kitchen some time ago, and you should know that I love the food there.

Here are what we had that Saturday afternoon:

Sour Plum Roasted Duck
The duck was YUM-MEH. Only complaint - too much bones! The two of us were practically struggling with it (compromising on quality conversation), that we almost gave up on it.
Stir-fried fish with spring onion and ginger
The fish was awesome too (no bones, yay!) but I wish the taste of ginger were more apparent.
Bubble tea
The pearls were chewy - love it!
Vegetables with salted eggs, century eggs and chicken eggs
I didn't like this. It's bland. It's supposed to have three different types of eggs but all of them lost their distinctive taste. They're just kinda all mashed together. It's edible, but I've tasted better ones!

After shopping (Whee! Albeit ended up not buying anything), we headed to Mandarin Gallery (my favourite place in town) for some drinks - at Arteatiq.

Here's the drink I had - Choya with lemongrass:


I wrapped up the day by leaving home with a box of macaroons from Antoinette (you know I can't get enough of them!)

Check out Charlene's post about this here. And check out my look of the day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment