Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

I can cook, so can you!

L. Thaddeus and I love to cook every now and then, especially if we're inspired by recipes or just a really good meal at a restaurant. Here are some of the creations we whipped up in our kitchen this year!

1. Mustard, Honey and Herb Chicken

Work in process in the pan...

And ta-dah! Here's how it turned out :)


2. Smoked duck with Mustard, Honey and Herb Sauce and Tangerine Sauce

This one was kinda put together with whatever we could find in the kitchen. But it tasted good, okay?


3. Smoked salmon and egg salad

This is one of my favourite dishes and it's quite easy to make.


4. Tomato soup

5. Vanilla ice-cream topped with blueberries

Hey, I made the blueberries sauce myself! This tasted really good.


This was what we had for Chinese New Year reunion dinner.


6. Seafood Platter

This features lobster, ngo hiang, scallop with cheese, smoked salmon with cucumber and mayonaise, and hand rolls.


Here's a close-up shot of the ngo hiang and salmon with cucumbers. I'm honestly quite proud of this dish because it looks so awesome.


7. Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs

I think you can guess by now that I LOVE smoked salmon (and basil).

8. Stir Fried Angel Hair

This may look easy but it's not an easy one to make because angel hair turns soggy fast.


9. Salad with goma sauce and shiso sauce


10. Japanese curry pork with udon


11. Udon carbonara

This turned out quite good too - surprisingly.


I've never been known for my culinary skills. L. Thaddeus, on the other hand, loves cooking since young. Our folks have never made us cook or do household chores, though. So I'm kinda spoilt rotten. However, I've made a resolution to cook more often this year. It's actually pretty fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment