Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Be gluttons for a day!

There's a superb fish soup place at the Bugis area (along the stretch where Ritz Apple Strudel is). I was told it was the BESTEST. The way it had been described, I decided to only have plain bread for breakfast and skip lunch to go have it for tea.

The fish is cooked in a steamboat that's heated by CHARCOAL.


The result is ultra sweet soup that you can't get enough of! The portions of fish is also rather generous and it comes with lots of vegetables and tofu.

Because we're gluttons for the day, each of us also ordered a rice set each. This was my companion's - sweet and sour pork.


Mine was ginger and onion fish slices, which tasted better (than the sweet and sour pork).


After lunch/tea, we headed down to Liang Seah Street for desserts. Tang Shui Xian was the place. It's a cosy place and sells a variety of Hong Kong desserts.

We, however, decided on something with a local flavour - durians! I LOVE durians.

My companion ordered what's similar to a durian ice-kachang.


And I ordered a durian sago cream.


Both were really, really, really good. The durians were fresh and super flavourful, and the fruit really went well with the sago cream and shaved ice combination.

In fact, as I'm writing this and recounting the experience, I'm craving for it again.

Share with me how your best food trip was like!

No comments:

Post a Comment