Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, February 25, 2012

How I spent Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day wasn't spent on 14 Feb because celebrating it on that day was too mainstream.

We celebrated a few days later. After all, I think Valentine's Day is just a good opportunity for couples to find something special to do and remind each other that you're in love.

We made use of my Palate card and went to the The Moluccas Room, located at MBS for our dinner.


.
An old couple volunteered to take pictures for us because "the bouquet is beautiful".

I was absolutely charmed by the jovial waiter who greeted us and ushered us in.


We ordered a glass of malbac each, under the recommendation of the waiter, and it was pretty good.



The waiter also volunteered to help us take pictures and took several for us until he was pleased with it. Oh, and note that very thoughtful hook by the chair that allowed me to hang my bag.

Food came rather quickly. The waiter had asked for all of them to be served at the same time because we were going for a show. I thought it was really thoughtful (you'd keep seeing this word) of him to check with us after we made our orders whether we had a show to catch.

Besides the great service, food was really good too. I never knew Indonesian cuisine be better by notches when it reaches fine-dining level (I think the regular ones are already fantastic).


After dinner, we went up to the theatre to catch Wicked, the musical. It's the Boyfriend's first musical and he enjoyed it. Now that I've cultivated the appreciation of musicals in him, I shall introduce him to the less mainstream ones, heh heh.


After dinner was a walk by the river.



The Boyfriend requested for this picture because he was inspired by one of the songs in Wicked. I'm glad that I can show off those prints I have on my wedges too.


Here's a close-up shot of my bouquet, which I absolutely love.


Red roses are still the most timeless choice when it comes to bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment