Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: 7Adam - Hidden gem for food and art lovers

I love quiet, stylish places where I can spend quiet meals at. At the newly-opened 7Adam seems to tick all the right boxes.







Housed at a charmingly rustic colonial house, it is one of the National University of Singapore Society's Guild Houses. 7Adam also has a bistro-meets-gallery concept where diners can also purchase contemporary paintings and sculptures from. The art works are by a mix of local and regional artists, and will change every eight to 10 weeks.

I visited the 110-seater restaurant and sampled some of their creative dishes.


You should begin your order with one of the cocktails. One of the most indulgent ones I saw on the menu is the Creamilicious Kit Kat, a concoction of Bailey's, Creme de Cacao and milk with Kit Kat flavoured ice-cream. I know, you're drooling already. It's featured in the picture below, second from left.


I ordered a Ladies' Desire for myself, which is a mix of vodka, elderflower syrup and lychee liqueur. If you're the kind who goes for Cosmopolitan or Lychee Martini at the bar, this is probably something you'd love too.

I must say that I'm particularly impressed with their appetisers. These two - Seared Tuna Loin ($16.50) and Crab Cakes ($15) - were pretty awesome.

The tuna is prepared with avocado and salsa, and you could taste a hint of wasabi too. The natural sweetness from the fresh tuna is enhanced with the caviar and avocado, and it goes especially well with a glass of sweet cocktail.


Even better is the Crab Cakes, which is lighter than it looks. Served with tomato chilli jam, I thought it'll go perfectly with a light beer.


My favourite from my tasting menu has to be the Duck Confit ($24). It features a duck leg served with Sze Chuan peppers and laced with mashed potato. I love its crispy exterior and the rich flavours that are enhanced with the peppers. The mashed potato doesn't do much for the dish, but I guess it's always good to have something to munch on while you wait for the desserts to come.


As for desserts, go for the Affogato ($10), and skip coffee after since the Espresso should probably get you going for the rest of the day.


7Adam is located at 7 Adam Park. It's opened from 11am-11pm daily. Call 6467-0777 for the restaurant and 6463-0777 for the gallery. Visit www.7adam.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment