Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Buffet Town opens at Raffles City

I went to Raffles City a few months ago, wanting to go to Shokudo. Then I found out that it has closed! In its place is Buffet Town. Taking over Shokudo's premises, the place is huge!

I decided to visit it another day and here's my report from the restaurant.

Pictures from the visit - just take note that when I go to buffets, I don't follow any kind of sequence in taking the food. So you'd see salads and fried food on the same plate, sashimi and fried rice placed together - you get the drift!

My very first helping is some friend food, japanese curry, sausages and potato. The curry is pretty good. The rest is just meh.


More fried food, sashimi salad and pizza. Sashimi and pizza are decent. By this plate, I also know that the fried food there can be missed.


The seafood isn't fantastic but is "edible". Go for the sushi instead, they taste pretty okay.


These two are the must-try at Buffet Town: laksa and pasta. Pasta is served at a live station where you can choose the toppings you want to go with the pasta and the type of pasta you want.


On this plate: satays, mee tai mak and sausages. The mee tai mak is okay, the rest are very average.


These are my favourites - the salmon sushi with dark sauce and waffles! The waffles are done on the spot too, and is super crispy. I love my waffles with maple syrup and butter, but you can choose to eat it with chocolate syrup, honey or ice-cream - or all of the above! These toppings and sauces are available at the counter.


Here are a few selection from the dessert counter. The ice-cream completes the meal quite well - it's just really fun to be able to scoop your own ice-cream and decorate it with whatever you like. It made me happy!


Here's me outside the buffet. Check out the pants - new from Malacca. The hip area is slightly puffed, and it has turned up cuffs that show a pretty pattern. I should have worn heels, but it was the weekends and I had enough of heels! My feet need a break :(


Overall, I think it has a few hits and misses. Also, I haven't had time (and stomach space) to check out every single station. There may be more interesting features that I didn't manage to try.

Lunch is from 11.30am to 3pm ($23.80 on weekdays, and $28.80 on weekends and PH eve and PH); dinner is from 6pm to 10.30pm ($33.80 on weekdays, and $38.80 on Friday, weekends, PH eve and PH). It's located at B1-44E, Raffles City.

Do you follow a specific sequence when you pick up items from the buffet line? (e.g. by type of cuisine, or start with salads, end with desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment