Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Christmas comes early - party at Equinox and Ink Bar

The parties that Swissotel & Fairmont throw are always super fun. Remember the Mooncake party that I blogged about the last time? This time, Christmas comes early and we had a "Christmas party" where the media gets to preview the plans that Swissotel & Fairmont have for Christmas, in a few months' time.

That day, one of the private dining rooms at Equinox is transformed into a Christmas ballroom. The huge venue is decorated with Christmas trees, lights, and frosty "Christmas motifs" on the windows. Carols were playing in the background and turkey was served. Looking out of the window, we get the enjoy the wonderful view that Equinox boasts of.

Within about an hour after arrival, Leslie (my guest) and I quickly got into Christmas mood.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas :)
The food was, not surprisingly, fantastic. And when there was so much good food to go around, it's difficult to pick and choose - we simply went for whichever caught our eyes, so we try the more visually-appealing ones first.
Delectable food to go around.

A real salmon. 

Some of the fare that we tasted at the buffet.

Meats were good, according to Leslie (I'm not a meat person).

Suckling pig with lotus rice was a highlight that day.
Much effort has been put into the decor. I heard that the marketing team worked overnight to get these things up. Hey, your efforts paid off because they look fab!

An exquisite ice sculpture.

Breath-taking view from above!

If only it snowed in Singapore...
After some mingling, making new friends and sampling the wonderful food, Leslie and I got more drinks and simply bask in the beautiful view that was all around us.
We attempted a red-meets-white ad poster look.

White wine + great view = perfect evening

See the Christmas decor?
And just as we thought the evening was over, the Swissotel & Fairmont marketing team gave us a surprise - a part two to this already-fabulous party. We headed down to Ink Bar at Fairmont, where there were more drinks and... okay, read on to find out what :)

We got ourselves a seat and cosy up with the couches. Party hats were given to us and cheers of "Happy new year!" were heard, so you really would imagine that Christmas/New Year were here already.

All ready to party!
Ta-da! Here was the biggest surprise I had! Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL buffet table of candies, sweets and desserts - all Christmas-themed!

I really felt like a child in a candy store. Super excited!

Winter wonderland!

Yummy log cake

Candies that look like Christmas bells

I bet elves live with these candies.

Excited by the colourful goodies
And I took whatever caught my eyes without really thinking if I could finish them because I just wanted to sample all of them! It wasn't too hard for me to fill up my plate.
We filled our plates

Cheers!

More drinks, of course.

Super adorable (and yummy) cookie
Beautiful performance put up and got everyone dancing and clapping.

A band came to entertain us
And then Leslie and I indulged in more drinks.
Another drink to keep the night going

Humongous bottles!

More drinks!
The party rounded up with lucky draw with wonderful prizes (such as hotel stays in Swissotel overseas!) and I didn't win anything (as with any lucky draws I've ever participated in) :(

Lucky draw prizes
Here's a final picture of us. We had a good time, a big thank you to the team at Swissotel & Fairmont!

Final shot :)
As I've mentioned the hotels have wonderful plans coming up for Christmas and New Year, which I will definitely share closer to the date. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment