Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seafood Paradise opens at Changi Airport Terminal 2

My last trip to Hong Kong was a business trip, so everything was really rushed. In the end I didn't manage to eat dim sum while I was there, and so I decided to visit a dim sum restaurant at the airport right after I've checked in my luggage. I was alone and I know how tough it'll be to order dim sum without having anyone to share with. But I didn't care. I even took pictures of myself eating dim sum.

(I almost missed my flight because I was indulging too much in the meal, but that's another story for another day.)


So I know how it must be like for business tourists, or even regular tourists, who want more Singaporean fare before they leave. And they can now enjoy "tz char" dishes at Seafood Paradise, which has opened another branch at Changi Airport Terminal 2.

At the media tasting session, we got to sample some of the new creations that were whipped up by the chef to celebrate the opening of the Changi Airport (and Senja-Cashew Community Club) outlet.

The first dish we tried was the Homemade Teochew Prawn Roll ($8.80 per serving):

Homemade Teochew Prawn Roll
It's super crispy on the outside and what's interesting is that its contents (which include prawns) is so juicy and succulent that it reminds me of really good dim sum.

Curry Red Snapper Fish Head ($28 per portion) was next:

Curry Red Snapper Fish Head
This has got to be my favourite dish at the tasting. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this must be the best curry fish head I've tried. It's an original creation by Seafood Paradise and I really love the fragrance of the curry and the sweetness of the fish. It's also commendable that the vegetables that accompanied the fish retained their crunch and freshness.

Venus Clams in Sweet & Sour Sauce (S - $18, M-  $27, L- $36):

Venus Clams in Sweet & Spicy Sauce
If you love Singaporean Chilli Crabs, you'll probably like this dish, which is essentially venus clams doused in the sauce that you'll usually find with chilli crab. I wouldn't say that the combination is perfect, so it isn't my favourite dish, but the clams are fresh, which really helped to ensure that the dish wouldn't go too wrong.

This is the Crispy Kang Kong with Cuttlefish in Homemade Sauce (S- $14, M - $21, L -$28):

Crispy Kang Kong with Cuttlefish in Homemade Seafood Sauce
This is a very unique dish - seriously nothing like I've ever tried before. The crispy kang kong reminds me of the Towkay Neo seaweed snack, except that it's a lot less salty and even more addictive. This is a dish that I will definitely recommend when you visit Seafood Paradise.

Finally, the Signature Creamy Butter Crab served with buns (seasonal price):

Signature Creamy Butter Crab
Huge, succulent Sri Lanka Crabs doused in thick, rich, creamy sauce that's concocted with evaporated milk, curry leaves and white pepper. This spells "sin, sin, sin" over and over but the pleasure is worth all the pain, people! This best-selling dish is one of the greatest reasons why Seafood Paradise was able to rise of fame and expanded from one restaurant in Defu Lane to four branches island-wide.

Chilled Lemongrass Jelly in Lemonade ($4.50):

Chilled Lemongrass Jelly in Lemonade
Complete the meal with a dessert like this to add some lightness to the culinary experience. The smooth, refreshing dessert is topped with biji Selasih (basil seeds) for added texture and a squeeze of lime for a touch of zest.

Seafood Paradise is available at the following outlets:
91 Defu Lane 10, #01-01 Swee Hin Building, Tel: 6487 2829
#01-01, Singapore Flyer, Tel: 6336 5101
#02-01 Senja-Cashew Community Club, (located opposite Bukit Panjang Plaza), Tel: 6766 9813
#036-059 Level 3 Terminal 2, Singapore Changi Airport, Tel: 6214 9655

Visit www.seafoodparadise.com.sg for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment