Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, July 3, 2011

TCC - what to order

TCC is definitely one of my fave cafes to hang out at, if I also want to have a meal. It offers the perfect ambience to chill out with friends, and serve good food to boot.

When it comes to pasta, my fave has to be the Mentaiko Pasta with Salmon Tataki.


The base is rather creamy, but the pasta isn't doused in the sauce - if you know what I mean. The salmon is prepared in tataki style (a Japanese way of preparing fish, where they grill it for a short while and marinate it) - not my favourite way of savouring salmon (I prefer smoked or sashimi) but it does add interesting texture to the dish. The sunny side up doesn't taste impressive, but you got to admit that it makes the dish look more joyous to look at. I have a soft spot for sunny side up (and scrambled eggs), so whenever I see a dish topped with one, I'll have a tendency to order it.

The new Splash & Shrooms Gratin doesn't disappoint too. While the super cheesy dish may make you tired after a while, the sauce is indeed delightful when you first taste it. The vegetables also break the montonous taste of cheese, offering a more refreshing "break" in between bites.


But main courses aren't what I'm usually after when I'm at TCC. I seriously can't get enough of their sandwiches. And the #1 on my list is the Smoked Salmon Avo-bayon. As you may have read on this blog, I LOVE smoked salmon. And I LOVE avocado. So this combination is perfect for me. The sabayon sauce that it's topped with is delightful. I love the sour and zesty taste from the lemon rind in the sauce. The wheat bread that sandwiched the contents also adds a lot of character to the dish.


A dish that feels "less healthy" but also very enjoyable is The Beef D'luxe. The star of this dish is obviously the beef patty, and it's really yummy.


Meat-lovers could also check out The Veal Thing, which is made up of not just one, but two mega sausages. The meat is really tender, compared to most sausages, so it's more succulent than chewy.


If you're with a huge group and their up for more food, try the Prawn Cheese-A-Toast. While the base is actually bread, it taste more like... pastry. Another snack that I'd recommend for sharing is the Shrooms Bite (I haven't got a picture, though).


I can't really drink coffee (which is really a pity) but this is one of the fave options of most of my friends - the Hazelnut Latte. I've taken a sip of it, and like how the fragrance of hazelnut lingers subtly in your palate after each sip.

So you've heard I don't really drink coffee, which is why I only have four pages of the drink menu to to look at and select from. One of the drinks that I often order is the Peach Me Up, a super refreshing drink that also looks super pretty.

TCC is running a 1-for-1 promotion recently. I'm not too sure when it's ending but do check it out while it's still available!

What do you usually order at TCC?

No comments:

Post a Comment