Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thai Thai at Mandarin Gallery

I love walking in Mandarin Gallery. There's a sort of serenity there and it just smells soooooo good. The music that plays softly in the background is to my taste too. While I have been there on several occasions for fashion shoot loans (particularly at Terra Plena and hansel), I haven't tried the F&B outlets there. Okay, besides Arteastiq Tea Lounge for tea. And it wasn't a good experience because it was a Monday afternoon at 3pm, and half the menu was unavailable, and the servers didn't bother to let us know when they pass us the menu. In the end of we have to go through this conversation:

Me: Could I have Dish A?
Server: It's unavailable.
(Took another two minutes to go through menu again)
Me: Ok, how about Dish B?
Server: I'm sorry, it's not available too.
(Took another two minutes to go through menu AGAIN)
Me: Erm... Dish C then.
Server: We're out of salmon.
(After taking away Dish A, B and all salmon dishes, we're left with about... five options or so)
Me: Ok, I'll just have whatever my friend is having.
Server: But your friend is already having it.
Me: What do you mean? Do you mean my friend ordered the last one?

You get the drift! But I digress, of course.

I meant to say that I haven't really visited the F&B outlets there and have heard raves about Wild Honey, that's why I chose Mandarin Gallery as venue to meet with TM and Qi.

In the end, Wild Honey said we have to wait for an hour to get a seat. I refused to and we went around to look for other F&B outlets. Then, we chanced upon Thai Thai.

Thai Thai for tai-tai!

And Thai Thai's interior reminds me of a place where a tai-tai and her friends will hang out at.

The menu.

It's elegant, the ambience is soothing, quiet and very cosy. (It's very a lot less crowded than the other eating places at Mandarin Gallery).

Lamps in a bird cage. Yes, that's how my lamps will be like in my future house.

Qi and I got a seat by the window while we waited for TM to arrive.

Tai-tai wannabe.

No Thai meal is complete without mango salad! Or at least that's what I think :) The salad is slightly sour and super appetising. It's a great dish to start the meal off.

Thai mango salad.

This is my favourite dish out of those we've ordered - Homemade tofu with Thai sweet and sour sauce. This is surprisingly good. The outside of the tofu is fried till it's crispy, but the inside has a melt-in-your-mouth texture. The sauce doesn't overwhelm the taste, but instead, complements the crispy tofu very well.

Homemade beancurd with Thai sweet and sour sauce.

The Green Curry with Chicken has a strong taste of herb and spices. It's not particularly spicy, so it should be suitable for most people.

Green curry with chicken.

This is a crispy yam basket with chicken. The yam basket part of the dish is the most delicious, it tastes like crackers when you munch it, but as you swallow it, the fragrant taste of yam is very evident.

Yam basket with chicken.

Here's a group shot and me holding the Campo Marzio pen they've given me as a birthday gift - a perfect gift for a writer :)

Us after a satisfying meal!

Thai Thai is located at #04-08, Mandarin Gallery. By the way, don't be intimidated by how posh it looks. Each of us spent less than $30 on the meal and were very, very well fed.

Which other F&B outlets have you visited?

No comments:

Post a Comment